ntop welcomes you to the users meeting hosted at the Sharkfest conference. The idea of this event is to:
- Introduce ntop open source tools to those who are not familiar with them yet.
- Meet the ntop user community, introduce the ntop core team and receive feedback.
- Discuss future roadmap items.
- Provide practical tutorials of ntop tools focusing on real use cases.
- Assist users who have questions, issues or need technical assistance.
The (draft) agenda of the meeting is the following:
- 14:00 - Introduction
What problems ntop is trying to address and what tools we have developed so far.
- 14:30 - PF_RING Tutorial
What PF_RING can do for you (15 min)
Highlight some use cases that can be solved using PF_RING (30 min)
- 15:15 - nDPI Tutorial
Introduction to deep packet inspection using nDPI (10 min)
Using nDPI in practice (10 min)
- 15:25 - Coffee Break
- 15:35 - ntopng Tutorial
Web-base traffic monitoring using ntopng (15 min)
Using ntopng for traffic analysis, troubleshooting, and flow collection (30 min)
- 16:20 Open Discussion
Future Activities / Roadmap Items
New use cases and challenges from users
Hands on ntop tools and installation party
This event is free of charge, but as space is limited, we kindly ask you to register. You do NOT need to be registered for the Sharkfest conference in order to attend it.
We expect attendees to bring their own laptop so that we can play with ntop tools during the event. We will provide more info before the event, about the material that we will provide to attendees.
ntop thanks Riverbed and the Sharkfest community for hosting this event at Sharkfest Europe 2016.
How can I reach the Papendal Hotel?
- BY TRAIN: from Schiphol Airport
- BY TAXI: from Arnhem Central Train Station. If there are no taxis waiting at the station, contact Taxi Service Linsen (telephone number 0031 (0)26-364 00 00)
- DRIVING: Please find driving instructions at http://www.papendal.com/contact-route/
- BY BUS: from Arnhem Central Station: Monday through Friday, you can take bus 10 that will take you right to the grounds of Papendal. Once you’ve passed the tarred road that is closed by a barrier, you’ll reach Hotel Papendal within 2 minutes. At other times, take bus 105 in the direction of Barneveld and disembark at the “West End” bus stop. Once you’ve crossed the intersection, it’s about a 10-minute walk to the entrance of Hotel Papendal.
I'll come by car. Is there free/paid parking at the Papendal Hotel?
Parking is free at Papendal but, depending on the number of drivers to the conference, space may be limited.
I've a doubt. Can I drop an email to the organizers?
Sure. Send an email to email@example.com