San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ET3 - The die of the future; the interaction between flow simulation and structural optimization.
‘The perfect design’ for extrusion dies cannot exist: in die design too many conflicting requirements influence the final design (die life, seam weld quality, high productivity, reduced scrap related to front and back end defects, limited extrusion load, strict profile tolerances, good metallurgical profile, etc.). The ‘optimal die design’ is the best compromise for a specific extruder in the production of a specific profile: very often an extrusion die is only ‘a compromise’ and not the best one. The presentation will cover what are the most common requirements in the design of a die and what are the parameters that a good die maker can work with. We will also present and discuss an overview of the most recent studies on automatization of multivariable optimization techniques for optimal die design.
Roles interested in this speech:
Extrusion and process manager, quality manager, project manager, R&D manager, business development manager, technical director/manager, plant manager.
This seminar is perfect if you want answers to these questions:
- Some dies allow high production rates while others - of comparable complexity – do not. Why?
- The cost of a new die has a great impact on the profitability of a specific profile. May I increase die life? What are the possible drawbacks?
- When a customer requires maximum profile resistance (seam weld quality), may I keep productivity at a reasonable level too?
This seminar will allow you to:
- Acquire or refresh the guidelines for a good die design and the influence on process outputs.
- Understand which kind of performance standards an optimized die can achieve.
- Acquire a specific knowledge on different aspects of die design.
When & Where
Alumat Almax Group
Alumat Almax Group is the leading European group specialized in design and production of aluminium extrusion dies (from 40 to 900 mm diam.) and equipment (Die rings, Containers, Shears, Liners, Stems, Dummy blocks and cleaning dummy blocks), as well as in the sale of softwares for extrusion processes management.
We are the technological vanguard of our market, offering customers continuous innovation to optimize aluminium extrusion and reduce its costs:
- Customized design and delivery times;
- Extrusion simulation, for decisive die trials reduction;
- Fast die correction service (remote or on site);
- Indirect presses and hard alloys extrusion (7003-7005-7020-7075);
- Butterfly Die® design: increased speed (up to 20%) with greater extrusion stability;
- Liquid nitrogen die cooling system, for high speed extrusion of hard alloys;
Solutions for excellent welding of thick sections in 7003-7020;
- Thango®: the revolutionary system for die designs digital archiving and die corrections management.
- Sambha ®: the ultimate software for the search of similar profiles within your technical archive.
Quality Management System certified ISO 9001: 2008.
Contact us now to become a game changer in your industry!