ET2 - Influence of process parameters on front and back end defect.
Front (also called “charge welds”) and back (also known as ‘butt contamination’) defects are inevitable phenomena in billet to billet production. Yet, their extent and impact on productivity can be minimized through a specific die design and an accurate selection of process parameters. The presentation will describe the mechanism of formation of front and back end defects and their evolution will be analyzed through FEM simulations and experimental results.
Roles interested in this speech:
Extrusion and process manager, quality manager, project manager, R&D manager, business development manager, technical manager.
This seminar is perfect if you want answers to these questions:
- What can I do to make my process more remunerable? May I reduce the scraps?
- Why charge welds-related defects still affect my profiles, although we have already tested charge welds extensions?
- How can I properly select an optimal ‘butt’ length?
This seminar will allow you to:
- Acquire or refresh the basic mechanism of front and back end defects formation.
- Understand which extrusion parameters affect charge weld extension and how much such fluctuation is.
- Understand how FEM simulation can improve your process remunerability.
When & Where
61 Stockumer Kirchstraße
HALL 12 - BOOTH G26
Alumat Almax Group
Alumat Almax Group is the leading European group specialized in design and production of aluminium extrusion dies (from 40 to 900 mm diam.) and equipment (Die rings, Containers, Shears, Liners, Stems, Dummy blocks and cleaning dummy blocks), as well as in the sale of softwares for extrusion processes management.
We are the technological vanguard of our market, offering customers continuous innovation to optimize aluminium extrusion and reduce its costs:
- Customized design and delivery times;
- Extrusion simulation, for decisive die trials reduction;
- Fast die correction service (remote or on site);
- Indirect presses and hard alloys extrusion (7003-7005-7020-7075);
- Butterfly Die® design: increased speed (up to 20%) with greater extrusion stability;
- Liquid nitrogen die cooling system, for high speed extrusion of hard alloys;
Solutions for excellent welding of thick sections in 7003-7020;
- Thango®: the revolutionary system for die designs digital archiving and die corrections management.
- Sambha ®: the ultimate software for the search of similar profiles within your technical archive.
Quality Management System certified ISO 9001: 2008.
Contact us now to become a game changer in your industry!