A great hackathon to bring innovation to healthcare and find new solutions to patients, caregivers and professionals needs.
A hackathon is an event where participants involved in software or hardware development collaborate on various projects in competition with other teams.
How are Hacking Health Hackathons different?
Hacking Health hackathons are organized all over the world by local teams aiming to find innovative solutions to front-line healthcare problems. Our hackathons are unique because we bring a wide variety of experts together. The more diverse participating teams are, the more innovative solutions will be.
Who can attend?
Anyone who brings a healthcare-related idea will have an opportunity to present it to the group with the goal to assemble the right team to move this idea forward. (If you already have an idea, post-it on our sparkboard and start to build your team).
Hackers with skills – programmers, designers, researchers and students – are invited to join projects and work with healthcare professionals to build out ideas and develop solutions.
Re-design, re-shape, invent
The primary goal of each hackathon is to rapidly prototype practical ideas that could be useful in healthcare. You can prototype everything: a new service, an app, a new device. And you can do it by re-design or re-shaping something existing or by inventing something new.
We don’t have a specific focus, but there are some issues which we are very interested in:
1. How might we use information and data to empower and engage patients and caregivers?
2. How might we re-think tools to support health professionals to manage stress and anxiety?
3. How might we help patients to manage their therapy journey and organize displacements from home to the hospital and their cure time?
4. How might we improve the accessibility of health services to fragile and elderly people?
5. How might we facilitate the collaboration and the exchange between specialists, general practitioners and patients?
The best four projects will win a Validation Pack.
It will consist of several days of mentoring, financial and technological advice, incubation and networking to consolidate roadmap and business model.
Bioupper will select two teams for the final phase of its 2016-17 Acceleration Program.