The US Embassy's Digital Economy Forum in collaboration with Ca’ Foscari Digital Week is organizing an interactive event – DEF Startup ECO - on how to grow a dynamic and successful startup ecosystem.
The event will include networking, breakout sessions between startups and speakers and a showcase of ideas from Silicon Valley to Boston to Israel on how to develop a robust ecosystem.
The event will be live-streamed with simultaneous translation. Networking cocktail to follow.
Information on the Digital Economy Forum at: www.digitaleconomyforum.it
14:15-15:45 What makes startup ecosystems dynamic and successful?
- Peter Darling, SVP and Director, US Market Access Center (Silicon Valley)
- Sean Lindsay, VP Engineering, Tapjoy & Founder, Founder Mentors (Boston)
- Fausto Boni, General Partner, 360 Capital Partners (Milan, Paris)
- Liad Agmon, CEO Dynamic Yield (Tel Aviv)
- Moderator: Matteo Penzo, Founder and CEO, Frontiers & Technology Director, frog
15:45-17:00 Demos of ecosystem-building
- Maria Katris, CEO, Built In
- Paolo Lombardi, Program Coordinator, TechPeaks
- Augusto Coppola, Co-founder and President, InnovAction Lab
- Unity Stoakes, Co-founder, Startup Health
- Moderator: Leonardo Buzzavo, Director, Ca’ Foscari Digital Week
17:30-18:15 How can startups take advantage of the new Italian Startup Laws?What are the laws and what opportunities do they open up?
- Moderator: Federico Barilli, Segretary General, Italia Startup
18:15 Where should Italy go now?What main challenges remain? What should happen in the next 2 years?
- Riccardo Donadon, President, Italia Startup and Founder, H-Farm Ventures
18:45 Networking cocktail